Real People. Real Views.

This blog is one of my side projects and it will touch on random topics / everyday subjects from the heavy to the light-hearted or even candid. They will come from various people from all walks of life - they could be friends, acquaintances or complete strangers. This is not a 5-minute fame kinda thing but more so for us to tell the world that everyone has their own POV - whether you deem them important or not. It is about mutual respect, understanding and most importantly, it is about LISTENING.

p/s : I strive to keep it as real as possibly allowable
pp/s : For those who has a POV to share - do drop me a note!

Monday, November 22, 2010

An Encounter with... Christianity

Name    : Alex Foo
Age        : 34
Where Are You From?  : KL
Currently Residing In… :  KL
What Do You Do For A Living?   : I work in the the oil & gas industry

AEW      : You are a Christian. What are your first thoughts when I say that to you?   
AF        : Yup I am a Christian!
AEW      : Do you think you are a religiously “rich”? (You may interpret this any way you wish) And how important is religion to you?
AF        : Not rich… Christianity is not so much of a religion as I view it as a relationship with a good friend.
AEW      : What is the basic foundation of Christianty in which you would hope for the world to know?  
AF        : The Lord is our savior
AEW       : How has your religion inspired you in your life?   
AF        : Uncountable times - especially whenever I feel 'lost'.
AEW      : I often get the feeling that there are some who keep trying to “convert” others to follow the “words of God”. Do you think that might be rather insensitive or to a certain extend, disrespectful in any ways at all?    
AF        : Well, being too pushy is not good. But spreading the word and sharing testimonies are good. Don’t think Christians should force others to be Christians though.
AEW      : I do certainly understand that there is a need to spread the knowledge of Christianity around. But shouldn’t it be enough that people know about it or it should get to a point of converting?
AF        : Yes, there should be more sharing of the word and wonders of the Lord. It's not about getting the point or not. It's about sharing the love of the Lord with others so that they can experience it for themselves.
AEW      : Do you try your best to spread the “words of God” to others?
AF        : I do what I can.
AEW      : While spreading the correct views on Christianity, what are your thoughts about other
  religions?    
AF        : Depending on which religion. While other religions all have their good points, they do not offer promised salvation. So for those who knowingly reject it, all I can do is feel sad for them.
AEW     : Don't feel sad for me. I'm good :) Thanks for your time and your sharing. Appreciate  that!

No comments:

Post a Comment