Real People. Real Views.

This blog is one of my side projects and it will touch on random topics / everyday subjects from the heavy to the light-hearted or even candid. They will come from various people from all walks of life - they could be friends, acquaintances or complete strangers. This is not a 5-minute fame kinda thing but more so for us to tell the world that everyone has their own POV - whether you deem them important or not. It is about mutual respect, understanding and most importantly, it is about LISTENING.

p/s : I strive to keep it as real as possibly allowable
pp/s : For those who has a POV to share - do drop me a note!

Monday, November 22, 2010

An Encounter with... Love

Name    : Richard See
Age        : 34
Where Are You From?  :  Malaysia
Currently Residing In… : Cambodia
What Do You Do For A Living?   : Advertising & Communications

AEW    : What do you think is the greatest love of all? And I'm not talking about Whitney Houston.
RS        :  The love that will endure the pains & struggles but also one that has all the fun & happiness that can be cherished by 2 people. Of course over a very long period of time.
AEW      : It was said that you caught your wife off-guard when you wrote extremely beautiful wedding vows and she said, and I quote “where did you learn how to use those words?” So, tell me – what were your inspiration to write your 2-page-long wedding vows? Were they off Google in actual fact?   
RS        :  I started from zero. Did some research online, and started putting all the bullet points (of what I want to say) together first. Next was the draft.  And then it was the 'craft'. Had to make it good cos she’s going to be tattooing them onto her. I got a mate to double-check on the grammar as well!In the end it turned out to be a little too long! I didn’t know that it was so long! Maybe I just wanted her to know that I was dead serious J.
AEW      : Do you think Love has many stages? Or it is just ONE GREAT BIG MYSTERY?  
RS        :  Not sure you can break it down to stages. Courtship, going steady & marriage, perhaps? But yes, some people say that love is complicated. I guess I agree to that statement because it is hard to break it down into smaller details! I do like that it is "One Great Big Mystery" J. I prefer this. I think love puts 2 people into a journey of a lifetime and the mystery will come from discovering each other and watching the other half change, age, etc and you adapt to each other along the way to slowly and surely become entwined as ONE.
AEW      : Do you think it is possible for you to fall in love again and again and again… you get my drift.
RS       : Hmmm….yes, you can. Maybe not as often but you can. Personally, I don't think I am a very romantic person but I do believe that you can fall in love with someone again and again. It can be just a small gesture but sometimes it reminds you that you are loved by someone or simply in love.
AEW      : Is it difficult – to achieve that? That falling in love part? Especially if it is with the same person over and over again?  
RS        :  Once you’re with someone, I think you are with them for a reason, to love, be loved, to share and hope the other half will be as loving, caring and just be there for you without questions. It is love that keeps you together, so am not sure if you mean loving someone continually is the same as falling in love again and again. For me falling in love is just the beginning and loving someone is a life-long commitment. You don't give up on it.
AEW      : So Love is actually hard work? Does not come naturally or are you being confused?
RS       :  *Sticks out his tongue* I'm not confused! Love is work, sometimes hard, sometimes easy.. but normally nothing comes easy especially if it involves emotions. I think everyone needs to have level of love to function properly, some more than others, and people need to give and receive love. To maintain a relationship, you’ll need to put in effort and invest physically, mentally and emotionally into it. But the return on investment is a fascinating journey of discovery! You get what I mean?
AEW      : My God! Very deep! Throughout your life thus far, how pivotal has Love been in it and what great strengths or inspiration have you gathered from it to do what you do in life?
RS        : It has helped me grow as a person, helped provide me with knowledge and mental strength. Loving someone has given me assurance in myself and enable me to experience closeness and intimacy with another person. So it has been important to me. I think it has shaped me to become a stronger man after falling from love and getting up and believing in love again. It has taught me not to be scared to do something if you really want and truly believe in it.
AEW      : *smiles* Between To Love and To Starve – which do you think will prevail? Why do you think that?
RS        : I’ve heard and read that people go for hunger strike, so I guess that some people do starve for something that they love and believe in. To me – if I starved for Love, I must be sure that it can bring something good to the person I love! If I need to starve for 10 days to make sure that my loved one survives a tragedy – I will do it. If you ask me to choose, I would say I will starve for love J. Will that do?
AEW    : Yes, yes, That will do. Here's wishing you many, many years of love and no starvation :)
** Richard See is undoubtedly, one of the most perfect man, friend, husband a girl could ask for. That is my own personal opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Nice one :) A perfect man? hmmm....still trying..

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you weren't perfect, you'd be sleeping on the sofa every night :P

    ReplyDelete