Real People. Real Views.

This blog is one of my side projects and it will touch on random topics / everyday subjects from the heavy to the light-hearted or even candid. They will come from various people from all walks of life - they could be friends, acquaintances or complete strangers. This is not a 5-minute fame kinda thing but more so for us to tell the world that everyone has their own POV - whether you deem them important or not. It is about mutual respect, understanding and most importantly, it is about LISTENING.

p/s : I strive to keep it as real as possibly allowable
pp/s : For those who has a POV to share - do drop me a note!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

An Encounter with... Macaroons

Name    : Sunny Yaw
Age        : 39 years old
Where Are You From?   :  Malaysia
Currently Residing In…   :  Kuala Lumpur
What Do You Do For A Living?     :  Patisserie

AEW   : Hi Sunny. I am looking forward to this interview because I hear you make some really great macaroons. Forgive me, but I am only great with the eating part of it. I’m sure macaroons are more than just a dessert, yes? What are they actually?       
SY      : It is a meringue-based dessert, made from a mixture of egg whites, almond flour and both granulated and confectionery sugar.
AEW   : Are the flavours endless for macaroons? Can “savoury-type” macaroons be created as well?
SY      : Yes they are endless! Savoury type can be created like white truffle or even foie gras  macaroons.
AEW   : So, the flavours that you created for your macaroons – are they of any specific country’s variety?
SY      : The flavours can be from anywhere up to your imagination. Not necessarily from any specific country.
AEW    : So, usually, I’ll pop the entire macaroon in my mouth J  Is there any more specific ways in which one should enjoy his or her macaroons? Instead of my “bottoms-up” way :)            
SY        : I usually prefer to bite into them over a warm black coffee. Bliss, I tell you.
AEW   : You know, for Christmas, people usually have the Yule Log Cake, Zimsterne, Brunsli or Kipferl. But I see you are showcasing your Christmas Macaroon Tower. What’s the inspiration behind it?      
SY        :  Macaroons can be a class of its own. They are pretty as individuals. Creating them into a tower makes them look classy. And beautiful.
AEW   : The cake base of your Christmas Macaroon Tower – what is that made of?     
SY      : The cake base can be any type of cake from butter to red velvet. Again – up to your own imagination. So I have to say that for our Christmas Macaroon Tower, we customize the cake bases – depending on what our customer wants.
AEW   : You know how we have fashion trends in the fashion industry. Are there any “cake trends” for the pastry industry too?       
SY      : Yes, of course. But it doesn’t change as frequently as fashion. I believe in being trendy! Make a dessert statement! *grin*
AEW   : For 2011, do you have any wild creations that you will showcase?      
SY      :    Top secret for now. Stay tuned on my Facebook page *grin*
AEW :    Well,  I cannot wait to see what “dessert statement” you will be creating for 2011. But all the best and I will certainly be tuned in!
                For those who would like to follow Sunny’s colour creations, click HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment