Real People. Real Views.

This blog is one of my side projects and it will touch on random topics / everyday subjects from the heavy to the light-hearted or even candid. They will come from various people from all walks of life - they could be friends, acquaintances or complete strangers. This is not a 5-minute fame kinda thing but more so for us to tell the world that everyone has their own POV - whether you deem them important or not. It is about mutual respect, understanding and most importantly, it is about LISTENING.

p/s : I strive to keep it as real as possibly allowable
pp/s : For those who has a POV to share - do drop me a note!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

An Encounter with... A Trekker

Name    : Raymond Khor
Age        : 33
Where Are You From?  : Malaysia, Earth, Alpha Quadrant.
Currently Residing In… : Kuala Lumpur
What Do You Do For A Living?   : Marketing

AEW      : Do you consider yourself a Trekkie or a Trekker? 
RK         : Trekker.
AEW      : I’m not a fan of sci-fi. So perhaps you could enlighten me more about your own obsession with Star Trek?   
RK      : The idealism in Star Trek was the real attraction for me and later on, through years and years of exposure to the many episodes, I come to realized that it has impacted me in many, many ways from the way I behave to the way I work, the management styles I chose to employ and the people-skill I use most of the time can be related back to Star Trek.
AEW      : That influential huh... Which is actually your favourite Star Trek? Original? Next Gen.? Deep Space Nine?
RK        : OMG how can you leave out Voyager and Enteprise??? Tsk tsk tsk…I personally like TNG, Voyager and DS9. But some episodes are very close to heart from each spin offs. 
AEW       : I didn't leave them out! How much of a die-hard fan are you actually?
RK        : Errmmm….very I guess....
AEW      : As a Trekker, do you, you know, actively meet other Trekkies or Trekkers and forge firm friendships / relationships from there?
RK       : Yes I have. I do have many friends who are trekkers and we talk trek all the time. Its very fun!
AEW      : You ever been to a Star Trek Convention?
RK        : Yes. I have been to one in Singapore in 1999 and it was awesome!
AEW      : There’s this joke I read years and years ago. “Beam me up, Scotty! Very funny. Now you can beam down my clothes.” I actually found that hilarious. Do Trekkies or Trekkers laugh at jokes like these or you guys tend to get, you know… offended?
RK        : Errmmmm ok..... The joke is not that funny la!
AEW      : Hmm... I take it they get offended then :P Any messages for other Trekkers out there?  
RK          : Don't Stop Believing!!
AEW       : Nobody should stop believing in any case, yes? You agree? Anyway, Ray-ray, thanks for sharing some of your thoughts on Trek stuff..... :) Now, Beam Me Up Scotty!! Ok, I do suck at this :P

No comments:

Post a Comment